N/APosted on - 11/30/2012
What are the correct and working command line excel repair commands to recover a corrupted excel workbook without distorting any previously documented details of the workbook content?
Working command line excel repair for recovering corrupted excel workbook
If you are using Microsoft Office 2007, you can do this in two ways;
Manual Recovery, this recovers the whole workbook.
Data Recovery only, only Data From The workbook is recovered.
But I only discuss the first one, because the second one is time consuming procedure. Here are the steps.
1. Open Microsoft Excel 2007.
2. Click the Microsoft Logo button, the select ‘Open’.
3. In the ‘Open Dialog box’ and click the corrupted file.
4. On the open button, there s an arrow down.
5. Click the arrow down and select ‘Open and Repair’.
*To recover the whole workbook, click Repair.
To extract data and formulas from the workbook only, click Extract Data.
Hope this will help you recover your excel file.