Recording software is one of the hottest topics in the tech world. Currently, everybody does one sort or another sort of recording. You would probably think where I would even record stuff?! Starting from a YouTuber to a professional film shooter, everybody needs recording software. And remember, recording software doesn’t only record, but it also includes additional features within it. There are plenty of recording applications out there, but they all aren’t free! Here are some of the best recording software applications that are available for free.
Reaper is one of the most loved applications by consumers. It has the best quality pipeline, found in no other recording software. It delivers live audio and virtual instrument recording, a full mixing console, real notation editing, and video scoring. It enables you to amend the interface of the application and allows you to create menus and toolbars as you wish to. The recording process in this application is quite unchallenging. It begins with a one-click process. If you are a newbie to the world of recording, then REAPER is your best guide.
9. WavepadWavepad is not only a recording application but it is also an audio editor. It supports a large number of audio file formats and operations like cut, copy, paste, delete, insert and auto trim. You can perform amplification, Normalization, Equalization, Envelope, Reverb, Echo, Noise Reduction and Sample Rate Conversion. You will able to work with multiple files at the same time. This is a very handy application if you find it hard to work with other application because this software is quite open and easily understandable.
8. JokosherThis software overwhelms us with its attractive features. Jokosher entitles you to split, trim and move while editing. It runs on Windows and Linux. It is a free and open-source software that is non-linear fundamentally. And while using this tool, you needn’t have any prior experience in recording or editing because the interface is quite straightforward to use. It is a digital audio editor, and the Jokosher company developed it.
7. Zynewave PodiumIt enables a quick overview. It includes track toolbars, track tags, Navigator zoom snapshots, embedded plug-in editors in the rack, color setup, and coloring options. It operates on Windows. It features a rich track layout, all-in-one sound editor, spline curve automation, and responsive user interface. The embedded editor and MIDI editing option makes it more advantageous.
6. Hya wave It is the recording software that’s easy to use. All you have to do is drag and drop your audio files and proceed with audio editing. You can perform a variety of functions like cut, copy, paste, zoom, etc. Also, you can directly edit your audio waveforms. The ability to work offline with it is another captivating feature.
5. Avid Pro Tools
Avid Pro Tools are one of the most trusted software for recording and editing. It supports maximum of 192 inputs, 1024 MIDI tracks, 512 instrument tracks, 512 auxiliary tracks, 64 video tracks, more than 115 plug-ins, 32 bit audio wave and 5.4 GB space. It enables file exchange externally. It offers non- destructive editing, MIDI retrospective recording, times signature changes, elastic audio recording and so on. This is an apt tool for those who expect a complete package of the best recording and editing tools.
4. TraversoIt enables non-destructive editing and quick access to the tools. The software is known for building a highly compatible and responsive user interface. The application supports recording any kind of audio track, basic mixing, converting into other audio formats, and copying to a CD. It has unlimited audio tracks and entitles the user to perform multiple functions. Lockless real-time audio editing, CD TOC creation, integrated CD burning, auto clip moving edge, and audio normalization are some other tasks this application can favor.
3. ArdourIt succors you to create audio and MIDI busses. It has got PCI, USB, fire-wire interface and network audios. Individual track arming, non-layered recording modes, flexible input monitoring, extensive multi-channel tracks, onset based editing, vertical stacking, strip silence, push-pull trimming, inline plugin control, multiple planners, and automation are some of the many features found in Adour. It has also got a loop-based audio system that would improve the efficiency of the software. This application has always remained something close to the heart for many recorders.
2. AudacityThis application has got an enormous characteristic that makes it one of the best recording software. It is of cross-platform type and you can record, edit multiple tracks at a time. The attractive user interface is another prominent feature of Audacity. It supports iOS, Windows, and Linux. It is an open-source platform that aids multiple file-formats, editing the pitch of the audio file, controlling the speed of your recorded audio, and many functions. It has got a 5mm male-to-male stereo audio cable, 5mm audio splitter cable and 5mm headphones or ear-buds.
Garageband owns the topmost spot inarguably. There is always an advantage of new sound browsing, new synthesizer, multi-take recording, pro level pitch correction, distortion, delay, responsive, graphical EQ, third-party plug-in effects, expandable sound design, an embedded tuner, drummer loops are all attributes that make Garageband stand out. It assists sampling, remote control, editing pitch of audio, and has a wide layout for auto-arranging. The Garageband is the ideal software for someone who records and edits audios, be it a beginner or a professional. The Garageband captures the very essence of what a classic recording software should look.