N/APosted on - 09/19/2018
I am trying to install Windows family pack on my laptop as well as in my brother’s PC. My install finished 100% without any error, but on my brother’s laptop at 100%, I got to see error code 0x80ff0000 fix. Hence, I am posting here to get solutions for it.
Windows Installation Error Code 0x80ff0000 Fix
Hello, welcome to my page. Error 0x80ff0000 happens because of disc failure. I think you were installing on a logical drive instead of a primary one. The cause of the error might have been due to this reason. Below I am mentioning some fixes to help you get through:
Fix no 1:
- First, make sure that if you are installing from a DVD or CD, your disc should not contain any scratch or damage.
- Follow this link to install Windows 7 from a USB.
Fix no 2: Check your PC for HDD0 errors:
- Go to Command Prompt through Start menu.
- If your hard disk is partitioned, you must go to that partition in which you are trying to install Windows.
- Type the commands which you see in the screen below as it is:
- The first command you must type is “diskpart.” List disk will show you the list of hard disk drives in case of multiple drives.
- Similarly, list partition will show you the partitions if any. Type them as it is.
- Doing the above steps will ensure that you are not installing on a logical drive.
Fix no 3:
- Type the following commands using your keyboard in Command Prompt as it is:
- These commands will clear all data from your partitions. After the format gets completed, you should try to install Windows again.
I hope these fixes worked for you. Thanks and regards.