N/APosted on - 09/24/2018
I was trying to install Autodesk software application, but I encountered flash9 ocx failed to register error message. I chose to click on OK and observed that two Adobe flash plug-got installed. What should I do now?
Autodesk Software Related Flash9 Ocx Failed To Register
The reason for seeing this error is of an older version of the Adobe Flash is not detecting the newer version which is already installed. Therefore, the older and newer versions get installed. To resolve this error message, use one of the methods below:
If you have already finished installing the Autodesk software, then you can either ignore the error as it will not affect the application installation and Flash will also work smoothly; else you can clean up both the installations of the Flash player. You should uninstall them and again re-install the latest version. But altogether, to prevent this from happening, follow these steps:
For standalone applications:
- First, you must uninstall the Flash Player, and then install the Autodesk software. To read details on how to remove this, you can search on the Adobe website.
For network/multi-standalone deployments:
- Go to the “AdminImage” folder and locate the “<deployment>.ini” file.
- Open this file inNotepad.
- Look for this line of text in the text file:
- Delete the word FLASH from the above line of text.
- Save this file and click on X to close Notepad.
- Try running the Autodesk software installation again.