‘Artificial Intelligence’ is a term which we use for Robotics. It means making machines Intelligent. It is a growing and developing Industry and various devices which we use have AI installed application. It can be Cortana, Natasha, GPS systems or any other application. A lot of work is going on the construction of Humanoids. Everything comes with its pros and cons. Let us have a look at various advantages and disadvantages of Artificial Intelligence.
- Reduces effort: It reduces the effort of humans in doing any work. That is why we design machines, to simply do anything. It may be tracking position, finding the way to our desired destination, or any other personal aid.
- Increases Accuracy: Artificially Intelligent machines will not make ‘silly mistakes’ as we humans do. We know what to do still sometimes we make a mistake, probably because we are tired or not paying attention. But these human errors are not performed by these intelligent machines.
- Humanoids can reach where we cannot: If we have to explore what is under those mines or oceans or in those planets and far away galaxies, we can make it possible with the help of AI. They are more resistant to extreme pressures and temperatures. We can perform any experiment without fearing the loss of human life which is obviously more valuable than any amount of cost.
- Machines are tireless: Anther advantage of AI is that they do not get tired. They can do the same monotonous work accurately and more precisely than us without getting tired.
- Unemployment: These machines can do a better job than us in almost every aspect. One robot can do the work of at least 50 people. There is a famous saying that “Computers are a great servant but a dangerous master.” It may create unemployment on a large scale in IT and other sectors.
- Unimaginative: These machines are logically apt, but they don’t have any emotional quotient. They cannot make a decision which is ethical. They can copy Humans better than they can copy themselves but if we talk about creativity or imagination, these machines lack all these factors.
- Design: These robots use a very complex combination of computer science, mathematics, and algorithms which are not at all easy. It requires highly skilled engineers, and it is very costly to make them.
- AI doesn’t become more valuable with experience. : Human body is the most beautiful creation of God. These machines can be more accurate, more powerful, and tireless but they lack which we humans call sixth sense or intuition. They cannot increase their value by working in the same industry for many years; on the other hand, it may get overused and damaged over time. Experience is beneficial for humans but not for these machines.
Artificial Intelligence is a growing Industry because this user-friendly small device is of great help to us. They can help us in every way possible. It may cut down some jobs, but it will create new jobs. We can only predict what will happen. They are costly to build but ultimately they will save our costs in the long run. It is a useful investment. My opinion on AI is positive.