N/APosted on - 04/07/2012
Windows places the icons of started applications in the taskbar just to the right on the 'Start' button.
I would like to place the shortcuts in the middle for quicker access.
Center the icons of running applications in the taskbar
By default, the alignment of taskbar icons is on the left, but with a little bit of ingenuity, the icons can be arranged on the center, and I’ll explain how to do it.
This modification does not require installation of any tweaking software or add-ons.
So, if you are a person not willing to use those, this is the perfect method for you.
Now let’s get to work:
1. Create a folder and name it New Taskbar.
2. Right click the taskbar. If the taskbar is locked, there will be a tick mark on the left of Lock the taskbar text.
Click it once to remove the tick mark.
3. Right click the taskbar and select Toolbars > New toolbar. Select the New Taskbar that you created.
4. A new toolbar named New Taskbar will appear on the right side of your taskbar.
5. Now drag the toolbar all the way to the left, just besides your start orb. Note that your application icons will slide all the way to the left.
6. Adjust the toolbar to make the application icons align center.
7. Once application icons are centered, right click the New Taskbar toolbar and deselect Show Text and Show title options to hide the toolbar name.
8. Right click on the windows taskbar and select Lock the taskbar option to lock the taskbar.