N/APosted on - 03/08/2013
I have TMG 2011 as my main proxy for my internal network. I'm trying to configure on how to block flv and swf files and I have already modified the content tab modification in HTTP. Why is TMG blocking flash content not working on any websites like YouTube?
Tmg blocking flash content not working in all sites
There are many ways to block the video streaming properties all over the web not just on YouTube.
To block video streaming on most of the websites you need to make sure that you are blocking Streaming Protocols,
File Extensions and the Player Signatures. That may help you block big part of this website.
* Now To block video streaming on YouTube by TGM follow the next steps:
1. On the TGM Console, Right-click Firewall Policy > New Access Rule. Then create a new "Deny" rule with the following parameters.
Applies to: All Outbound traffic
Then click Finish.
2. Before you apply the changes, Right-Click on the rule you have created and choose Properties.
3. Open "Content Types" tab > New.
4. Create a new Content Type set with the following parameters:
– Name: YouTube.
– Available types: type each of the following and click Add.
5. Click Ok. Then make sure to enable the new content type by checking the box next to it.
6. Click Ok and apply changes. Wait for the synchronization to finish.
7. Now try playing some YouTube videos.
* You can also block Adobe Flash Player content using TMG.
1. Follow the same steps 1 to 3 above.
2. In the new Content Type set, use the following parameters:
In the available type box, type: application/x-Shockwave-flash
3. Proceed with step 5 above.
* Now to block Additional MIME types; If there is anything else you want to block, simply monitor the Logging in the TMG console.
Once you see the log that allowed the content you want to block, expand "Additional information". Here you will find the MIME type that you need to block.