Have a little changes in my PC

Asked By 50 points N/A Posted on -

Hello experts,

I am having some issues on my file explorer. My computer name was suddenly changed to "This PC". I did not change it or make any changes on my computer's settings. I don't know how I can fix it. Aside from this, everything works just fine but I just want to share my issue here. Can anyone help me to fix this issue?

Here’s the error image:

Best Answer by Merry Hock
Best Answer
Best Answer
Answered By 0 points N/A #191669

Have a little changes in my PC


Hi Joseph,

It is very easy to change the name of your computer. Just follow the below steps to give your computer a new name:

  1. Go to Control Panel > System and Maintenance > System > Advanced System Settings
  2. You will get a screen which System Properties
  3. Click on the Change button
  4. Give the computer a new name and click on Ok

You should be able to see the name that you gave instead on This PC in the explorer window.

Answered By 110 points N/A #191671

Have a little changes in my PC


Changing PC name can be done more efficiently via Command Prompt.

1. Start an elevated Command Prompt.

2. Run the following command into the console:
WMIC computersystem where caption='currentname' rename newname
where ‘currentname’ is the current PC name and ‘newname’ will be the new name. Executing “wmic computersystem where caption='xp-pc' rename windows7-pc” will change the ‘XP-PC’ name to ‘Windows7-PC’.

Thus, your PC name will be changed more efficiently.

Login/Register to Answer

Related Questions