A hard disk is the storage medium of almost every essential device now. If it gets hacked or corrupted, all the data in it is lost. Preventive measures are necessary for the same. Here, let’s discuss the top 10 best hard disk encryption software.
1. VeraCryptVeraCrypt is a freeware developed by IDRIX. The features provided are favorite volumes, system encryption, hidden OS, plausible deniability, main program window, program menu, mounting volumes, parallelization, pipelining, hardware acceleration, hotkeys, key files, security tokens, smart cards, portable mode, TrueCrypt support, default mount parameters, language packs, encryption algorithms, hash algorithms, security model, troubleshooting, open-source, and multilingual.
2. AxCryptAxCrypt is a software developed by a company of the same name. The benefits offered are viewer, AES-128 & 256 encryption, account key backup, openly shared keys, community support, mobile apps, secured folders, includes subfolders, key sharing, cloud storage awareness, password management, file wipe, anonymous file names, password generator, business priority support, multilingual, multiple device support, and business admin.
3. BitLocker Drive Encryption
BitLocker Drive Encryption is an application developed by Microsoft Corporation in 2007. The features provided are the deployment of hard drive encryption, preparation for a drive & file encryption, used disk space only encryption, encrypted hard drive support, preboot information protection, management of passwords & PINs, configuration network unlock, and monitoring.
4. Gpg4win Gpg4win is a software developed by The Gpg4win Initiative. The benefits offered are OpenPGP, high algorithmic strength, smartcard, signing & encrypting, checksums, user-friendly certificate selection, installer, Gpg4win Compendium, management of certificates, certificate server, freeware, multiple device compatibility, customer support, and multilingual.
5. Apple FileVaultApple FileVault is an application developed by Apple Corporation. The features provided are security, monitoring, reporting, performance, master passwords, keys, validation, verification, multilingual, backups, secured folders, mobile applications, key sharing, password manager, multiple device support, priority customer support, integration with other Apple products.
6. Sophos SafeGuard Encryption
Sophos SafeGuard Encryption is a software developed by Sophos Ltd. The benefits offered are synchronized encryption, full disk encryption, file encryption, automatic, transparent, external sharing, prevention of data loss, real-time protection, secure content collaboration, compliance, reporting, monitoring, integrations, backups, and management.
7. CipherShedCipherShed is an application developed by a company of the same name. The features provided are free, open-source, encryption of entire disks, simple wizard guide, encrypted volumes, reporting, multilingual, collaboration, backups, integrations, automation, and customer support.
8. LUKSLUKS is a software developed by Clemens Fruhwirth in 2004. The benefits offered are free, open-source, reporting, monitoring, full disk encryption, compatibility via standardization, security against low entropy attacks, support for multiple keys, effective passphrase revocation, integrations with other popular products, backups, and collaboration.
9. CryptoForgeCryptoForge is an application developed by a company of the same name. The features provided are easy-to-use, large file support, send encrypted files to anyone, hassle-free decryption, based on public domain encryption algorithms, multiple encryptions, built-in file shredder & compression, encryption of folders, command-line encryption, filename encryption, built-in secure document editor, and multilingual.
10. CryptoExpertCryptoExpert is a software developed by InterCrypto Software. The benefits offered are secure vaults of unlimited size, highly acclaimed encryption algorithms, transparent access to files & folders, assign any available drive letters, create an unlimited number of secure vaults, password management, sharing of unlocked vaults, collaboration, integrations, and multiple device support.