13 Topmost Revealed Features of Firefox for Windows 8
Recently, Maxilla launched Firefox web browser to be used specifically for modern UI and desktop version for Windows 8 that is available to the public. Some of the top features included are:
1. The installer can be integrated, making it compatible with the metro browser of Windows 8.
2. The new URL for navigation is extracted from Australia’s theme, which everyone will surely love. However, the theme is only available if it is set as the default browser.
3. The tab bar can be reverted to the previous tabs. You only need to swipe twice on the top or bottom to load the previous tabs. There is no need to type the previously visited websites. Further, an alternate tab-bar is also available, which always displays all the previews.
4. It has an auto complete feature for URLs with suggestions when typing. You only need to type the first few words of the URL and suggestions come along, and then you click the correct one. This saves a lot of energy and time.
5. The first screen has been optimized for devices with touch screen. This start screen also has tiles for the same devices.
6. If you make changes on the default theme, they will be reflected in metro interface. This is one of the features that make Firefox for Windows 8 to be powerful and attract many people’s attention.
7. The new Firefox for Windows 8 has the new capabilities for touch and shortcuts for keyboard come with gestures. Handling of on screen keyboard has been made easier and more user friendly.
8. Links are handled in a context sensitive manner. When in metro interface, links will also open in metro browser.
9. Syncing features are offered, which allows you to synchronize your Firefox browser installations in multiple devices.
10. The new Firefox for Windows 8 has an automatic spell checker that automatically detects misspelled words. It checks spelling for languages such as English, French, German and other languages.
11. It provides crash reports when Firefox is about to crash or if it needs to be updated. It also checks for add-ons and updates whenever available.
13. Currently, this version of Firefox has no support for flash or plug-ins, although it will be enabled in the later versions.