N/APosted on - 02/07/2015
I have a PCI network card that I upgraded to improve my networking experience but It refuses to function. I have installed the driver but it does not seem to operate. Could there be a problem with the adapter or is there a sort of compatibility issue with this? I want to connect through this card
No connection through the PCI 1000MBS adapter
Before you go in to conclusion that your hardware is defective let us dissect the causes of this issue one by one. Let’s see what path you are right now.
1. You mentioned you installed driver and software and still doesn’t work.
2. Go to My Computer/Computer >>> right click and select “Manage” >>> on the right side look for “Device Manager” select it and all hardware will appear in the main window.
3. Look for your LAN or network adapters. Right-click again and select “Disable.” After few seconds “Enable” again the device. Wait for few seconds and check the Network Connection Icon in your task bar see if there’s no more “Limited” or “No Connection status.”
4. If step 3 shows good status, go to Start >>> in the textbox type “cmd”. A new window will pop-up, that’s your MSDOS command prompt. Simply type “ping<space>google.com”.
5. If it will show you status that it’s pinging google.com we’re all set. Otherwise there’s a problem with your Operating system and needs to be configured also.
6. On the Control Panel>>> go to Admin >>> Tools >> Services >>> Wired and Wireless must be set on and activated/started.
7. Right-click in the Internet access Icon in your task bar. Select Open network and sharing. Look for connections, select Ethernet, Properties, and right click for TCP-IP protocol. New window will appear make sure now numbers listed.
If you’ve done the above mentioned steps let’s bring it to another level.
1. Uninstall software and driver. Restart your computer.
2. Reinstall the driver and software to make it sure you’ve got a fresh install and everything is back to default settings.
3. Download any “Registry” file patches or fix that you can download from Microsoft website.
4. Do all the steps again above. I know it is a pain staking situation but it’s worth it.