Mobile phone dropped in water

Asked By 80 points N/A Posted on -
qa-featured

Hello experts,

Accidentally, I dropped my mobile phone in the water and of course, it no longer work. I want to know what to do to make it work again. Will it dry itself naturally or do I need to blow it with a heater? I do not want to add any more damage to my mobile phone so I need assistance. Any suggestions are really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

SHARE
Best Answer by Sharath Reddy
Answered By 0 points N/A #186753

Mobile phone dropped in water

qa-featured

Hi!

Don't worry, your phone will be safe. Here I am to provide you with solutions to solve your problem.

1. When your phone is dropped into water, immediately pick it up.

2. Don't worry to much, if you pick it up immediately, your phone will not get any major damage.

3. Please open your phone cover case and quickly grab tissue or something that can absorb water.

4. Then, put out your sim card.

5. Put out other things like SD card or earphone plug.

6. Next, cover your phone with that tissue.

7. Perhaps, you could use vacuum cleaner to absorb water eficiently.

8. Beware, you can't use hair dryer since it releases hot air.

9. Make sure to use any additional substance that can draws out moisture.

10. Put the phone on towel.

11. Check your phone, turn it on.

 

Best Answer
Best Answer
Answered By 563960 points N/A #293694

Mobile phone dropped in water

qa-featured

If you accidentally dropped your phone in the water, the device will immediately short circuit and automatically turn off because of the water going into the battery. Aside from the battery getting wet, all the electronic parts inside, especially the small parts connected and soldered to the phone’s board, will get wet and will also short circuit.

What you should do, in this case, is to not turn on the device because it will cause further damage. Next, immediately remove the battery including the SIM card and any microSD card inside. Once they are removed, you need to dry your phone and you need to do it fast. The longer the moisture stays inside, the risk of corrosion damaging the inside increases.

You can use a vacuum cleaner to suck or blow the air out. The idea here is to use air to push or pull moisture out through the same channels it entered. They also advised not to use a hair dryer because the heat can fry the small components inside your phone.

After blowing or sucking all the liquid out of the phone, use a desiccant to dry any leftover moisture. The most convenient way is to use an uncooked rice grain. Leave the phone and the disconnected battery submerged in a bowl of grains overnight. Either way, you should bring your Smartphone to a qualified service center for proper servicing.

Login/Register to Answer

Related Questions