N/APosted on - 06/17/2012
After getting my computer back, I did some minor maintenance just to get it back to speed.
After doing the maintenance, I attempt to launch the InDesign CS4. Visualize my wonder to discover this unexplainable error warning show up on my display:
Licensing for this product has stopped working.
This product has encountered a problem which requires that you restart your computer before it can be launched.
If you continue to see this message after restarting your computer, please contact either your IT
administrator or Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom
of this screen.
What does this error means? Hope someone can help me out.
InDesign licensing product has stopped working.
I am here to provide you solutions and you must perform all the steps given in order.
Proceed to the next solution just in case the previous one does not fix the error. You may be asked to activate your Adobe product or retype the licensing data after completing a few of the solutions .
Solution 1 : Removing the FlexNet Publisher preferences folder
1. Please close all Adobe Applications.
2. Go to startup disk. Place and erase the following folder :
[hard drive]/Library/Preferences/FlexNet Publisher/
3. If you are prompted to authorize the folder removal process, please key in your password
4. Lastly, open your Adobe applications.
Solution 2 : Executing the License Repair Tool
1. Please quit all Adobe applications running.
2. Go to startup disk . Locate and remove the following folder:
[hard drive]/Library/Application Support/FlexNet Publisher/
3. Upon removing the folder , you might be asked to enter your password for authentication purposes. Please key in your password.
4. Get the Adobe Licensing Repair Tool by clicking this link http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/licensing.html
5. Execute the License Service Update