How to try windows 8 in windows 7 without permanently installing
Why risk your premium copy of windows by installing a free preview OS. Let’s install windows 8 inside windows 7 without deleting any files.
- Please download a copy of windows 8 preview from Microsoft.
- Also download Virtual Box from https://www.virtualbox.org/ and install it to your pc
- Please start the virtual box application
- Click new icon on the top left side of the window and give a desired name for your windows 8 installation.
- Then define the ram size that you want to use for your windows 8 virtual machine(2GB min)
- Define the size of the virtual hard disc that you want to use
- Select create
- Now you have created a new virtual machine but you have to install windows 8
- Right click and select settings of the new virtual machine name that you just made
- Go to the storage tab and then you will see an empty CD icon under IDE controller, select it and then select choose a virtual disc under attributes.
- Then select the location of your windows 8 iso file
- Save everything and start the virtual machine now follow on screen instructions to install windows 8.