This is how the processor speed is measured
Do you use a PC? Are you curious about how the processor speed is calculated?
- There’s a special unit called CU (Control Unit) inside the CPU.
- CU controls the whole computer system.
- CU is the unit which process input data and give an informative output.
- That cycle is called computer life cycle.
- Computer life cycle includes Fetch, Decode , Execute and store.
- Once this cycle is completed the one task is completed.
- This depends on the clock speed / processor speed.
- IF one computer life cycle takes one second that means the speed of the processor is 1 Hz.