Windows Server 2008 FTP Setup
FTP also known as File Transfer Protocol. It uses a client server model. The server hosts sending files and the client provides the interface to access, download, or upload files to the file server. The computers transferring the files can be within the same network where the FTP server is configured, as well as outside the network (over the Internet).
Setting Windows Server 2008 FTP is really easy if you follow these steps: –
- Open power user menu and select programs and features.
- Turn windows feature on or off
- In the internet information services, check the FTP server option.
- Expand FTP server and check the FTP extensibility option.
- Click OK to begin the installation.