N/APosted on - 02/01/2014
I just purchased SimCity 4 Origin. However, I was unable to install the game. It keeps showing an error message, "Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue". I tried to search for similar issues on the web but I can't find anything that works for me. Can someone please help?
VC++ Runtime Redistributable Package in SimCity 4
I'm pretty sure that you have tried downloading the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable package. But if not, here are the links to download it. Choose whatever works for you.
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4
Or you can also try the following steps below:
1. After downloading the Visual C++ 2010, install it in your computer.
2. Locate SimCity 4 in your computer. It is usually under the Program Files x86 and click on the Origingames folder and then click Simcity and launch the installation file.
3. Launch the folder named "VC" and then open the folder "VC2008SP1" and then open the Redist folder.
4. Remove the file that is already on that folder and paste the newly downloaded one.
5. Then try installing SimCity 4 again. This should work now.