N/APosted on - 06/02/2017
I have a single all-purpose printer at my home but many computers that need printer. I cannot purchase individual machine for each system, so please guide on how to configure a network printer?
Various Methods Of How To Configure A Network Printer
Depending on the capabilities of both the machines, the several ways of installing a network printer are:
- Installing a standalone printer
- Connect your printer to network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Go to the Devices and Printers under the Control Panel on your computer.
- Click on Add a Printer > Add a network, wireless, Bluetooth printer.
- Select the printer and click Next.
- Install the drivers if prompted.
You can now print anything from anywhere. Just make sure that the printer and computer has the same network connection.
- Installing via IP Address
- Firstly, connect the printer to the network.
- Get the IP Address of the printer:
- It may be visible on your printer’s display, if it has one.
- Use server’s IP Address if you are connecting to the printer’s server.
- Open the Control Panel, and go to Add a local printer under Devices and Printers
- Select ‘Create a new port’ > ‘Standard TCP/IP port’, click Next.
- Enter the printer’s IP Address under the respective field.
- Select the printer’s model.
- Print to the network printer.