N/APosted on - 03/31/2017
I was using Windows Server 2008 for running my domain, but now I want to change the network structure, the error states that ‘following error occurred while attempting to join the domain.’
Unexpected Error Occurred Attempting To Join The Domain In The System.
This error appears when we do not specify the primary domain controller as the primary DNS server in the TCP/IP settings of our system. For this:
- Join the two domains and then reset the settings of DNS sever to default. For connecting it, follow the below steps –
- Go to Network Connections.
- Right click on the current network and select Properties.
- Double-click on the Internet Protocol Version.
- Enter the IP address of the domain in the DNS severs which ever preferred and click OK and then again OK.
- Try to join the domain it will be successful.
- After the join change back the DNS server setting to default one.
- Another possible solution is:
- Go the Start Menu and then select Run.
- Open Common Prompt by typing cmd.
- Re-register by typing ipconfig/registerdns.