N/APosted on - 07/09/2014
On the Dell Inspiron laptop running on Windows 7, when I try to login, it prompts that the User Profile Service failed. I tried to use all the passwords I can remember but I still get the same result. Is there another way to login back to the system? I was not able to back up, so I may need to try other options first before reinstalling Windows.
Unable to login to Windows 7
It seems that your user credentials have been invalidated. I would suggest creating a new account after deleting the current one. The advantage of this operation is that nothing will be deleted, only your personal settings like themes, wallpapers, icons.
In order to gain this solution, you must track the following steps:
1. Reboot your pc and the moment you see the POST screen appear, repeatedly press the F8 key until a menu will appear just as the image shown below
2. You must select the Safe Mode option using the arrow keys on your keyboard and then press Enter. It will take a while to load, so you must be patient.
3. After Windows finishes loading, a new screen will appear with all the accounts available within your PC, like in the image shown below
4. You must select he Administrator account in order to proceed to the next step.
5. After logging in the Administrator account, Windows will load and give you access to the entire system with no restrictions.
6. Press the Start Menu button and then click on the Control Panel option.
7. A new window will appear that will allow you to select the following option : "User Accounts".
8. After clicking on the User Accounts option, a new window will appear that will give you the ability to delete your old account and then create a new one, without losing any data from the hard drive.