N/APosted on - 04/25/2017
Hi, I wanted to remove the old DC and replace it with the new one. But, there are lot of technical impediments and I unable to do so. Can you tell me the methods to replace Domain Controller in Domain?
Methods To Replace Domain Controller In Domain.
Here are the short steps that will give magic to your hand or computer.
- In your Windows Server, set the local IP of the new DC as DNS server and install WINS service on it.
- New Domain Controller is provided with FSMO rules.
- Demote the old DC from using as “Global Catalog” as well as “Domain Controller” after rebooting the server.
- Migrate printer, File Server, and DHCP settings to new DC.
- After customization, re-register computers in the new DHCP.