N/APosted on - 05/29/2015
When I try to sign in into my messenger account, the error occurred “Sorry, we were unable to sign you into Windows Live Messenger 8.0 at this time. Please try again later.
To let us try and troubleshoot the problem, click the Troubleshoot button.
Error Code: 80048820
Extended Error Code: 8004816”
Can any body help me to fix this issue?
Messanger 8.0 issue. Error code given…
Always make sure that the date and time is correct on your system.
2. Incorrect proxy settings on internet explorer: If your using Internet Explorer 7 or 8, try updating or disabling your proxy (if you have permission). • Press ALT+T or click on the Tools menu in Internet Explorer.
• Select Internet Options from the menu and click the Connections tab on the dialog box.
• Click the Lan Settings button and uncheck the Proxy Server check box.
• After changing the proxy setting don’t forget to reboot the system.
3. Firewall problems: If your running ZoneAlarm Pro, Symantec Norton’s Personal Firewall, BlackICE, McAfee Personal Firewall Plus or any other third-party Firewall program, make sure that MSN Messenger has the correct access rights to get past the Firewall settings.
4. softpub.dll may have become unregistered:
5. Keep your system up to date.