N/APosted on - 10/17/2017
The iTunes software has suddenly stopped working it shows error code 4000. After which the PC hanged up and the mouse and keyboard become unresponsive for some time. I have tried restarting the PC repeatedly but it does not work.
ITunes Encountered A Problem: Error Code 4000
Error code 4000 can occur at different times during start, shutting down and running the program when iTunes is open. It can be due to improper shut down, which will cause corruption of files of a program. Always shutdown your PC properly. Update the device drivers, scan for virus, and try reinstalling the iTunes program. Clear the junk in system.
To rectify the windows registry error:
- Enter “command” in search box than Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
- Click “Yes” to the permission dialog box.
- In the black box type, “Regedit” and press “ enter”
- From the registry editor, choose the option related to error code 4000 for backup. From the file, select export.
- Choose a folder for backup and enter the backup file name.
- Ensure to select the branch in export range Then click save.