N/APosted on - 09/22/2016
When you install Windows Installer package, and error 1603 occurs. If you press OK, installation will roll back. What to do if the installer encountered error 1603 fatal error during installation?
Installer Encountered Error 1603 Fatal Error During Installation
WHY IS THIS ERROR CAUSED?
1) An existing app is being reinstalled again.
2) The downloading folder is encrypted.
3) Drive is which the package is being installed, has access as substituted drive.
1) If you already have an existing shortcut of a app :
Open start menu.
Go to system and select apps and features.
Follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall it.
2) If the folder is encrypted or drive is substituted one or grant full permission to the system account:
Go to file explorer and right-click the drive and select properties.
Open security tab.
Ensure that the user name is of the system user account.
If not then click edit.
Then go to add-> select users or groups.
Write the name and click OK.
Then go to system user account-> permissions and ensure that full control is under the system account. If not then click allow. At the end run Windows installer package.