N/APosted on - 06/08/2020
Hi, my name is Sundaram. I am from Andhra Pradesh. I want to clone a virtual machine using a clone virtual machine VMware. Please suggest something.
How to Clone Virtual Machine on VMware ESXi
To clone a virtual machine on VMware ESXi host, you have to copy all the *.vmdk and *.vmx files.
- Log in to your ESXi host.
- Open the folder which you use to store virtual machines.
- Follow the steps to open the datastore.
- Select the hostname/IP address of the VMware ESXi host.
- And go to Configuration > Storage.
- Right-click on datastore
- Click on browse datastore.
- Create the catalog for the new virtual machine clone.
- Shut down the virtual machine which you want to duplicate.
- Open the inventory storage of the virtual machine which you want to clone.
- Choose, and copy the files *.vmdk and *.vmx.
- Open the inventory of the new virtual machine.
- Paste the copied file in the directory.
- Register the cloned virtual machine after the copying is done.
- Click Add to Inventory option that lies right on the .vmx file.
- Give a name to the Cloned virtual machine.
- Select the resource pool on which you want to run the virtual machine.
- To achieve the creation of a cloned virtual machine Click Finish.
- Power on your cloned VM.
As we have copied please select I Copied It. And then Press Ok to run your cloned virtual machine.