N/APosted on - 02/25/2012
A few days ago I had installed Google Chrome on my computer but I am not happy with how it operated.
So I uninstalled it.
Now when I open Windows Mail and I click on a URL link in the message I get this error.
Windows cannot find ‘http://theportal.spruz.com/disable/temp.asp’Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again. It also opens up in the browser. I think it may be a file association error but I unable to figure it out.
Is there any solution available from anyone?
Thanks for a better reply.
Error in opening Windows Mail
You are right the issue you’re having is a file association error. I had encountered the same problem as this before and these are the steps I had done;
By the way this is for Windows XP/Windows 2000
1. I opened Windows Explorer.
2. I went to Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types
3. Then I selected Extension: “(NONE)” File Type: “URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol”
4. I Clicked the “Advanced”. In the “Edit File Type” window, select “open” and click “Edit”
5. I had Unchecked “Use DDE”. Then Click OK for that dialog
For Windows Vista/Windows Seven, you will need to do a manual registry edit. Just a heads up editing the registry incorrectly can damage your system.
Go to "Start -> Run" (or press the windows key+R) then type regedit and click OK. Then go ahead and navigate to "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTHTTPshellopenddeexec". Delete the "ddeexec" registry key. Repeat for "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOTHTTPSshellopenddeexec" (and any other protocols you want to fix).