N/APosted on - 03/26/2012
What is the problem with my HP 3 in 1 printer? When I tried to scan photos, only black image appeared. I tried it 5 times and it still gave same results. Attached here is a sample image that appeared when I tried to scan a photo.
Black image when scanning a photo
First check the transportation lock or shipping lock. You can find it in the left side of document table and it should be unlocked . The manual which you have received with your printer will give full details on unlocking the scanner. Also it is worth checking the scanner sensor with your dealer.
If nothing works try resetting your printer. This is how you do it:
If your printer has keypads:
1) Do not turn your printer off. Just unplug your power chord.
2) Now press both 6 and # key together and hold on to the Keys.
3) While holding onto these keys, you need to plug the power chord back.
4) Hold on the keys until your device screen goes blank.
5) Instructions will then appear on the device screen. Follow it.
If your device has no keypads:
Unplug the power chord from your printer, wait for a minute and then plug it back in. This should reset your printer.