N/APosted on - 03/07/2012
Automatically shuts down the VPN services
The following instructions are only applicable if you are using Windows Utility in order to configure your wireless connection. This problem is not seen in the NETGEAR utilities.
When you experienced drops every three to five minutes in your wireless connection, this might have been caused by incorrect settings in security. You have to disable 802.1x authentication to avoid this kind of problem.
To be able to disable 802.1x Authentication:
1. Click Start > Connect To > Show all connections, and then double-click your wireless network.
1. Click on Start button, go to Connect To, and select Show all connections. Then, double-click Your Wireless Network.
2. Click General and then Properties
3. Select the Wireless Networks tab.
4. Click Your Home Network under Preferred Network, and then select Properties
5. Select Authentication and then clear the checkbox of Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network.
(You will not be able to click the checkbox if you are not using 802.1x authentication or the wireless security)