Hard drives are easily available on the market these days. At times hard drives are corrupted and they need to be tested. Here, let’s discuss the top 10 best hard drive testing software.
1. HD TacHD Tach is a software developed by Simpli Software Inc. The features provided are special kernel mode, maximum accuracy, sequential read test, zone bit recording technique, logs the read speeds to a text file, visual graphs, random access time, burst speed, on-board read-ahead memory, real-time monitoring, reporting & analytics, and multilingual.
2. ATTO Disk Benchmark
ATTO Disk Benchmark is an application developed by ATTO Technology Inc. The benefits offered are custom transfer size, supports for overlapped I/O, supports various queue depths, I/O comparisons with various test patterns timed mode allows continuous testing, custom transfer sizes, real-time reporting, multiple device support, and customer support.
3. Anvil’s Storage Utilities
Anvil’s Storage Utilities is a software developed by Anvil. The features provided are portable, free, runs on 32-bit & 64-bit computers, monitors read & write speeds, endurance mode, the information provided from WMI, multiple device support, integrations with other products, and reporting.
4. HDDScanHDDScan is a freeware developed by a company of the same name. The benefits offered are verification in linear mode, reading & erasing in linear mode, reading in butterfly mode, reading & analyzing SMART parameters & log pages, temperature monitor, identity information, reporting defect information, report & analytics, command line support, and identity reports.
5. ParkdaleParkdale is a software developed by Sz development. The features provided are quick access, file access, block access, multilingual, multiple device compatibility, transfer speed graph, real-time monitoring, reporting, customer support, analytics, and automation.
6. CrystalDiskMarkCrystalDiskMark is an open-source software developed by Crystal Dew World. The benefits offered are measure sequential, random performance, peak/real-world performance profile, themes, customization, reporting, analytics, customer support, and multilingual.
7. Paessler PRTGPaessler PRTG is a monitoring software developed by Paessler AG. The features provided are integrated technologies, maps, dashboards, flexible alerting, multiple user interfaces, cluster failover solutions, distributed monitoring, in-depth reporting, monitor various technologies, and multilingual.
8. Hard Disk Sentinel
Hard Disk Sentinel is a software developed by a company of the same name. The benefits offered are easy to use interface, hard disk management, backup, API interface for developers, remote monitoring, seek noise test, instant SMART analyzing, logging, alerts, shutdown, acoustic management, clock synchronization, information on demand, and hard disk partitions.
9. Seagate SeaTools
Seagate SeaTools is a testing software developed by Seagate Technology. The features provided are simple to use, diagnostics, logs, test codes, USB erase boot tracks, full erase, performance monitoring, reporting, visual graphs, multilingual, multiple device support, integration with other Seagate products, priority customer support, and hard disk management.
10. DiskCheckupDiskCheckup is an application developed by PassMark Software. The benefits offered are monitoring of SMART attributes, analytical information, risk detection, display of the current value of SMART attributes, diagnosis of the hard disk to estimate the life span of the same, execution of in-built disk self-test, multilingual, and ability to detect & set the sizes of HPA.