The Do Not Disturb feature is an aid in an android phone, which is used to silence the unwanted notifications that disturb you when you are asleep or doing some important work. We all want to get notified of all the happenings around us, but sometimes it becomes bothersome. The do not disturb feature is a method or means to stop these notifications as and when the user wants to disable them. It is the most powerful tool that is provided by the Android devices.
The user can enable this feature any time with a single click. To endow the do not disturb feature, the user has to drag down the notification bar, and tap on “Do not Disturb”. You can also choose the types of notifications that you want should be muted, for the period till you want to silence them. This feature allows you to receive the alerts that you wish to acquire and disqualify the ones you do not want to get. It is a new feature that is introduced to the information technology sector.
There are many uses of the Do not disturb feature; some chief usages are listed in this article.
Top 10 Uses of Do Not Disturb Feature-:
- The Do not disturb mode not only mutes your unwanted notifications but also stops your device from getting a LED light notification.
- The user can set the duration of his choice for which he wants to disable the notifications on his phone. Just click on the time stretch in the do not disturb menu, and you will be eligible to set your duration.
- You can also use the priority notifications settings to enable only those notifications which you define as a priority. Just tap on” priority only” in the do not disturb menu and you will receive those notifications which you have considered as vital or prior.
- There are three modes in this feature, the first is, “total silence” and if you enable this nothing will disturb you, second is the “Alarms only”, in which you will only receive notification regarding the alarm that you have set and the third is the “ priority only” in which only the grave notifications are shown to you.
- The user can also schedule the time when he wants to turn on the do not disturb feature. You have to designate a calendar and then turn automatic “Do not Disturb” whenever you have an event.
- The user can add decree to this feature; he has to tap on settings>do not disturb and dab on automatic rules to enable the rules function.
- You can also set time-based rules in this mode, just choose days of the weeks and define the start and end time to enable this mode.
- The Do not disturb mode automatically block the unwanted notifications, like for some applications, events, contacts, visual disturbances.
- There is another feature that if the same person calls you two times within fifteen minutes, it is automatically shifted to the Do Not Disturb mode.
- There is a feature known as downtime; it enables you to disallow notifications during specific hours. During downtime hours, the user is only interrupted for his priority notifications.
These features and uses of the Do not disturb mode may vary from device to device, but every user should know and make the best use of this perfect feature for their Android operating systems.