Servers are the place where all the data for an application or a company is stored. In case the server is hacked or corrupted, all of the data is in jeopardy. Server backup software provides an additional layer of security in this regard. Here, let’s discuss the top 10 best server backup software.
1. Cloudberry BackupCloudberry Backup is a software developed by MSP360. The features provided are full block-level backups, VSS-based, bare-metal restore, data compression, command-line interface, 256-bit AES encryption, performing an item-level restore, specifying retention policies, multilingual, multiple device support, and priority customer support.
2. BaculaBacula is an open-source developed by Kern Sibbald in 2000. The benefits offered are autochanger support, a maximum virtual full interval option, progressive virtual full, backups to keep directive, deletion of consolidated jobs, tape alert enhancements, alerts handling, client-initiated backup, console ACL directives, tray monitor, scheduling jobs, accurate option, traceback, lock dump, and debugging options.
3. Veeam Backup & Replication
Veeam Backup & Replication is a software developed by Veeam Software. The features provided are production support, unlimited environment, backup, recovery & replication, integrations with other popular products, scale-out backup repository, primary snapshot orchestration, NAS backup, backup copy jobs, assisted failover & failback, planned failover, full VM recovery, instant file-level recovery, and database recovery portal for Microsoft SQL DBs.
4. MSP360MSP360 is a backup software developed by a company of the same name. The benefits offered are growing business faster, centralized management, no contracts, 24/7/365 technical support, bring-your-own storage technology, under the brand, multilingual, multiple device support, scheduling, and integrations with other popular brands & products.
5. Altaro VM BackupAltaro VM Backup is an application developed by Altaro. The features provided are backup & replication, augmented inline deduplication, WAN-optimized replication, continuous data protection, concurrency, compression, military-grade encryption, schedule backups, retention policies, GFS archiving, native integration with multiple cloud storage providers, backup to other public clouds, multiple device support, and 3-2-1 backup.
6. PleskPlesk is a software developed by Plesk Internation GmbH. The benefits provided are domain, email, database, files, application catalog, backup, extension catalog, mobile apps, website builder, multilingual, self-repair tools, security, user accounts & roles, subscriptions, service plans, mail server support, supported virtualization, database management, task scheduling, system updates, Docker support, Git integration, event handlers, and cloud backup.
GoodSync is an application developed by Siber Systems Inc. The features provided are file backup & synchronization, real-time data transfer, block-level data transfer, unattended service, end-to-end encryption, version history control, copy locked files, file & folder move/rename detection, security attribute propagation, bandwidth throttling, and log of actions & change reports.
8. IDriveIDrive is a software developed by IDrive Inc. in 1995. The benefits offered are multiple device backup, online file sync, IDrive Express, snapshots & versioning, manage computers, clone/computer backup, security & privacy, continuous data protection, retrieval of data, true archiving, activity reports, and backup status reports.
9. Veritas Backup Exec
Veritas Backup Exec is an application developed by Veritas Technologies. The features provided are easy to use, managing the entire data ecosystem from one console, cloud data protection, deployable marketplace templates, optimization of storage costs & bandwidth with in-line deduplication, disaster recovery, automated, virtual workload protection, security & compliance, smart integrations, ransomware resilience, and multiple device support.
10. ShadowProtect 4
ShadowProtect 4 is a software developed by StorageCraft Technology Corporation. The benefits offered are centralized system, cross-platform system protection, storage- agnostic, broad hypervisor support, scheduling, replication, testing, migration, multiple device support, and multilingual.