3D printing has increased the customizability of products. It prints the product based on the CAD model fed to it. 3D printing software is necessary to make CAD models. Here let’s discuss the top 10 3D printing software in 2020.
1. Autodesk Fusion 360Autodesk Fusion 360 is a printing software developed by Autodesk Inc. It is a cloud-powered, integrated Computer-Aided Design (CAD), Computer-Aided Modeling (CAM), and Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) software. The features provided are sketching, free form modeling, surface modeling, parametric modeling, mesh modeling, PCB layout, PCB manufacturing, user management, cloud storage, rendering, simulation, turning, and on-machine verification. The rating in Capterra is 4.7 out of 5.
2. Ultimaker CuraUltimaker Cura is a free application developed by Ultimaker. The benefits provided are slicing, integrated workflow, cloud-based platform, mesh repair & file editing, easy to use, Ultimaker marketplace, Ultimaker core enterprise. It facilitates seamless CAD integration with SolidWorks, Siemens NX, and Autodesk Inventor. The rating in G2 is 4.6 out of 5.
3. MatterControl 2.0MatterControl 2.0 is an open-source software package developed by MatterHackers Inc. The features provided are design tools, design apps, customizable support, integrated dual extrusion, help wizards, cloud library, print recovery, software bed leveling, and 64-bit processing. The rating in G2 is 4.4 out of 5.
4.3DPrinterOS3DPrinterOS is an application developed by the company of the same name. The features provided in the premium version are printer sharing & permissions, file/project sharing & permissions, print queuing, personalized support, simultaneous slicing, remote monitoring, and Gcode & toolpath viewing. The rating in G2 is 3.8 out of 5.
5. OctoPrintOctoPrint is a web-based printing software developed & maintained by Gina Häußge. The benefits provided are fully remote control & monitoring, compatible & extendable, built-in access control, slicing, and timelapse recordings. The rating stands at 4.4 out of 5 in G2.
6. TinkerCADTinkerCAD is a web-based application developed by Autodesk in 2011. The benefits provided are camera controls, snap, transformation, workplane, shapes & object modification, align, smart duplicate, 2D & 3D import, export, and tutorials. The rating in G2 is 4.5 out of 5.
7. MeshLabMeshLab is a software developed by ISTI – CNR. The features provided are 3D aligning, 3D reconstruction, visualization & presentation, color processing, comparing models, cleaning 3D models, 3D color mapping & texturing, 3D printing: offsetting, hollowing, & closing, scaling, positioning, simplification, refinement, measurement, and analysis. The rating in G2 stands at 4.3 out of 5.
8. FreeCADFreeCAD is a 3D parametric model developed in 2001. The key features are geometry kernel, full parametric model, modular architecture, import/export of standard formats, a sketcher, robot simulation, rendering module, path module, and an integrated spreadsheet. The rating in G2 is 4.2 out of 5.
Solidworks is a software developed by Dassault Systemes. The features include reverse engineering, validation tools, NURBS system, dimensional sketching, straightforward design, simulation, manufacturing enabled simplified workflow. The rating in Capterra stands at 4.6 out of 5.
10. CreoCreo is a software developed by PTC. The features include generative design, real-time simulation, additive manufacturing, model-based definition, smart connected design, and augmented reality. The rating in G2 is 3.8 out of 5.