VFX or Visual effects are a norm in film making these days. Almost of the fictional movies need some sort of VFX to look realistic. VFX can fix certain mistakes made by directors as well. Here, let’s discuss the top 10 best VFX software.
1. Adobe After EffectsAdobe After Effects is a software developed by Adobe Systems in 1993. The features provided are tapered shape strokes, concentric shape repeaters, automatically update audio devices, copying media to a shared location, enabling collaboration on cloud documents, text animations, VFX/ visual effects, motion graphics, rotoscoping, integrations with other Adobe Systems products, multilingual, and multiple device compatibility.
2. Nuke Nuke is an application developed by The Foundry in 1993. The benefits offered are 2D compositing & visual effects, nodal toolset, deep image compositing, stereoscopic workflow, rotoscoping, 2D tracker, keying, key light, dope sheet, relighting, warp effects, denoising, 32-bit floating-point color channels, multi-channel workflow, full HDRI support, color analysis tool, match grade, planar tracker, Kronos retiming, vector generators, lens distortion, VR corrections, 3D compositing, 3D camera tracker, 3D workspace, model builder, 3D particle system, collaboration, user presets & node toolsets, native flipbook, and versioning.
3. MochaMocha is a VFX software developed by Boris FX Inc. The features provided are roto with fewer keyframes, plug-in option, GPU-accelerated object removal, insert module, stabilization, lens module, stereoscopic workflow, 3D camera solver, 360/VR post-production toolkit, planar tracking, area brush, essentials interface, mega plate module, and multi-platform.
4. DigiCel FlipBookDigiCel FlipBook is an application developed by DigiCel Inc. The benefits offered are image window, xsheet, drawing, shooting, scanning, importing, sound, painting Cels, panning, zooming, rotating, blur & dissolve, exporting movies, soundtracks, lip-sync, editing, workflow, 3D camera tracking, multilingual, multiple device support, and collaboration.
5. Toon Boom SoftwareToon Boom Software is a software developed by a company of the same name. The features provided are unlimited creative freedom, cost & time savings, functionality, the sensitivity of tools, reliable team, most advanced brush tool, special effects & compositing, pipeline integration, 2D/3D integration, lighting & shading, weighted-deform node, advanced color management environments & effects, alignment guides, drawing tools, and multi-platform.
6. ArnoldArnold is an application developed by Solid Angle. The benefits offered are fur & hair, motion blur, sub-surface scattering, volumes, flexibility & functionality, scalability, instances, memory efficient, deferred geometry landing, subdivision & displacement, arbitrary output variables, standalone command-line reader, and integrations with other Autodesk products.
7. DaVinci ResolveDaVinci Resolve is a software developed by Blackmagic Design in 2004. The features provided are dual timeline, source tape, dedicated trim interface, intelligent edit modes, fast review, transforming, retime & stabilize, quick export, media import, portable editing, custom timeline settings, adjustment clips, facial recognition, speed warp retiming, image stabilization, keyframe curve editor, smarter encoding, and TapeStyle audio scrubbing.
8. Marmoset ToolbagMarmoset Toolbag is an application developed by Marmoset LLC. The benefits offered are visualization composition, scene editing, baking, rendering, real-world accuracy, intuitive design, creating stunning portfolio content, ready for production, online, multilingual, multiple device support, and integrations with other popular products.
9. SpeedTree CinemaSpeedTree Cinema is a software developed by IDV Inc. The features provided are creation, animation, textures, mesh forces, hand drawing, bifurcation, folding & curling, shape control, spine noise, full PBR material workflow & rendering, art direction tools, batched leaves, one-click import scripts, SpeedTree library, and multiple device compatibility.
10. HitFilm Pro HitFilm Pro is an application developed by FXhome Ltd. The benefits offered are revolutionary workflow, video editing, particle simulator, compositor’s toolkit, keying & extraction, tracking, 3D model import, specialized effects, file handling, free training & support, and multilingual.