History & Definition of Article Writing
- Defining Article Writing
The process of writing content on any topic along with your personal opinion is generally known as article writing. There are different kinds of article writings that cater needs of a large number of audiences around the world. There are some people who want to read something informative. Similarly, some people want to read hilarious articles. So, article writing can be done on anything that simply comes in one’s mind.
- History of Article Writing
It is a ground reality that the world is to knowledge and the knowledge is to world. Nobody can live without communication and the latest of what’s happening around. To meet such desires, everybody remains in search of some credible information. Different people have been fulfilling their desires by reading articles in newspapers, journals and other outlets in the past as well as in the present.
But, the arrival of new media into the field has brought a big boom for different industries that deal with the article writing. Today, in corporation with the internet and a blend of writing-related websites, it has become quite easier for everyone to locate a bulk of information in the form of articles. You can now find articles on news, sports, entertainment, religion, spirituality or anything that click in your mind.
This flow of ceaseless information is therefore a milestone of the 21st century. In order to gain more credibility and to provide people with the best, different media owners have started joint ventures to facilitate them with what they’re really looking for. This is how, article writing is getting lots of promotion and different article writers are emerging from around the world with their own unique ideas and styles of writing.
When we purely talk about the history of article writing, it dates back to the ancient era. Nobody knows accurate date of its establishment. But, one thing is pretty much sure, that article writing has survived almost all the eras, because it is in human instinct that he keeps on discovering and innovating different things and ideas and to transfer his knowledge one writes something.
- What Are the Best Methods and Things to Consider When Writing Articles?
Well, frankly speaking, there are different methods of documenting an article, but the best one is always the one that click your mind and heart at the same time. Following are some of the best methods to grab attention of your readers:
- Conduct extensive research on the topic.
- Analyze and Collate content from multiple sources.
- Make a Catchy Title.
- Introduce the Topic in a way that covers overall article.
- Use informal style of Writing.
- Write as if you’re to serve humanity in a better way.
- Come up with unique and interesting ideas and concepts.
- Highlight significant points.
- Give your writing a humorous touch.
- Give facts and figures and include surveys and reports to make your voice authoritative.
- Use keywords to make things more prominent.
- Use short, easy to understand and point-specific sentences.
- Stay unbiased.
- Compare things that you feel necessary.
- Write according to the mental level of your target audience.
- Keep the content simple, well-organized and reader-friendly.
- Use authoritative approach.
- Use short paragraphs (4-5 lines).
- Keep the content short.
- Conclude with a climax and your opinion.
What are the Best Tools to be used for Article Writing?
Following are some of the best tools that will enable you to consume less time emphasizing on the managerial tasks in your business of writing, as they’re more writing-focused:
1. Conduct Research
It’s one of the writers’ most crucial parts of writing to do research. To get prominence as a writer, you need to factually better be right. Use credible sources to conduct research.
2. Track your Research
One of the other article writing tools is to track your research, because if you conduct a blend of research work, you cannot control all of these notes quickly. So, in order to track all the data you researched, you’d certainly need an excellent administrative program, which will help you organize the data. You can use software like Tranglos for this purpose.
3. Use Word Processor
Using word processor make all the article writing processes easier to manage. So, use Microsoft Word processor, because it’s the most authentic and credible source to work on. You can use different features in it that will help your writing make catchier.
4. Employ Article Formatter
To bring articles in proper format after you complete the writing process, it really is a tough job. So, it’s good to use article formatter to save enough time spending formatting your articles. One such example is of the FWO Formatter that not only formats your entire content but it also let you know the word count of your content, which is actually helpful to meet the targets.
- Major Points to Take Care of While Writing Articles
There is a proper set of guidelines that must be taken care of while writing articles. You can have some most important out of them below:
- Understand the Topic Well before you start
- Do not follow just one article or source. Use at least 3-5 resources and make a totally different article out of it.
- Make a healthy title that could attract readers to continue reading till end
- Do not make lengthy paragraphs. Keep one paragraph to maximum 5 lines
- Use small sentences, which are easy to understand
- Highlight important words and abbreviations
- Write articles in a way that they look interesting to read and of good quality
- Make sure the information you are writing is correct
- Use conversational style of writing
- The article must consist of headings and subheadings
- All articles should be original. You may read content on other sites but write it in your own words. You may not copy content word from word from other sites or books
- Neither TEXT nor HEADINGS should match any existing article.
- Cite references at the end of the article.
- There should not be any grammatical/spelling mistakes. Use Spell Check feature of Microsoft word. Read the document once before submitting it.
- Pass your written content from plagiarism checking tool
- Save document with the name of article.
Conclusively, if you’ll follow these guidelines, you can sure become a great writer. Although, there’re no hard and fast rules for writing articles, as the people want to collect information in narrative style, yet following these guidelines will bring clarity and interest in your article writing.