N/APosted on - 08/01/2014
I don’t know how to fix this CISCO VPN Client error, everything worked just fine before the update of my Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. I expected that these updates will improve the performances of my laptop. Can anyone help me please to fix this error ? Please help me to configure the CISCO client.
Thank you experts !
Status: Disconnected VPN Client – Version 5.0.07.0440
Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client.
Reason 442: Failed to enable Virtual Adapter.
Connection terminated on: Oct 25, 2012 16:12:30 Duration: 0 day(s), 00:00:00
VPN client disconnected and failing to enable virtual adapter
There are absolute ways to fix this issue.
1. From Start menu, go to Control Panel >> Network and Sharing Center.
2. From the left panel, click “Change Adapter Settings”.
3. Find the adapter that indicates to Cisco System’s VPN Adapter.
4. Right-click on it, select “Disable”.
If this doesn’t fix your issue,
1. Find out the adapter once again.
2. Right-click and select “Enable”.
3. Right-click and select “Diagnose”.
4. Choose to “Reset the network adapter”.
If still out of luck,
1. Start Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to the following registry key:
3. Find the “String Value” registry key named “DisplayName”.
4. Right-click and select “Modify”.
5. Remove the following line:
6. Press “OK”.
7. Close Registry Editor.
This time, no more problem. Enjoy!