N/APosted on - 11/18/2013
I am getting below error message in Uniden DMA Scanners and it shows a Registration Key error. Can you provide me the best way to update the firmware with the key? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Registration Key Error !!
Please input correct Registration Key again.
Registration Key Error has occurred
Hello Sidney J Skiba,
Before you go ahead and update your Uniden DMA Scanner's firmware, there are some simple rules you need to remember:
1. Do not skip any of the steps! No matter how complicated they seem to be, it's very important that you go through the whole process.
2. Make sure you're using the AC adapter when updating firmware as low voltages may cause problems and corrupt the process. Fully charged batteries would work as well, but AC is always best.
The update process could slightly differ depending on your model, but it's the same for the most part.
1. If you have previously installed the firmware update tool (BC_VUP), get rid of the old install files. They are usually located in a BCSS directory.
2. Download the latest version of the firmware update tool and run the installation.
3. Once installed, run the firmware update tool, select your model and follow the on-screen instructions.