N/APosted on - 02/15/2012
I use windows 7 ultimate Operating System. When I tried to open text files using Notepad++, I have found a problem. Then I am getting the following error:
"The program can't start because MSVCR80.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem".
I try to reinstall Notepad++ but the same error occurred again.
Note: After clicking OK or X, the program worked generally but I want to erase this message.
I really need a solution. Thanks a lot for any help that may come along.
Notepad++.exe System Error in Win7
Hi Mandy Miller,
You mentioned that you have already tried to reinstall the program. In that case Follow this solution that I will be giving you.
First of all Uninstall first the program (Notepad ++) after uninstalling it download it from this site below:
1. Before installing the program that you download kindly check if there is still a folder about the previous program. Example: In your Local Disk C (it depends where you choose to install the last program) check program files and if the folder for Notepad ++ is still there (or any folder associated with it) kindly delete all of them.
2. Now after deleting or removing the said folders. You can now start installing the file that you have downloaded recently.
3. After installation perform the task that cause the error. And if the same message pops out again Follow this new step I will be providing.
REMINDER: If the previous method didn't work do the steps below.
1. Check the folder for notepad ++ and look for the file named MSVCR80.dll.
2. If the file is found kindly Copy it and paste in your desktop.
3. Delete the Original file and Copy paste the file that is on your desktop.
4. If the file is not found kindly download it here :