N/APosted on - 05/30/2012
I recently upgraded my Windows 7 RC to Windows 7 ultimate.
It was fine for a few days but then my PC would keep on freezing up.
I decided to do a system restore but it gives me 'Result: Failed. Error code = 0x1f' Why is this happening?
My PC freezes up after Upgrading to Windows 7 ultimate
The error code =0x1f is also known as Error 15 or it appears sometimes as “error invalid drive”.
This should be repaired immediately because it can cause a permanent damage on your PC.
The reason for this error are: driver is not updated and virus encounter.
1. Update the drivers of your system by simply downloading windows software update.
2. Install an Anti- Virus and Scan your computer. Why do this: because the error might be caused by spyware or malware virus.
1. Go to start menu, select and click RUN (you may also type Run on the text field).
2. Then a text field appears, type cmd/command then enter.
3. The command prompt appears, in the command prompt type chkdsk/r.
4. Then press Y for yes.
5. Type exit and Restart your computer.
6. While to rebooting process the chkdsk command function, then it will continue to your desktop.