N/APosted on - 01/30/2013
I have configured TCP port 53 to check which ports are open. However, pinging it returned a "timed out" response. Tried visiting the ip address, "page not found" error. How do I use the Dyndns port checker tool in Windows xp?
I recommend that you use the following web application to check your port; there are reasons such as firewall installed on your network that are blocking communication with the port. Or the port is busy/being used by another application.
Try disabling or lowering the secuty levels of your firewall to check if it works.
The steps for using Dyndns port checker tool are as follows:
1) Open the website of Dyndns by using the Dyndns official website
2) In the website, Click 'Services and Pricing' tab
3) Click 'Create Free Hostname' button, enter the hostname and enter the respective link in the IP address box
4) Click 'Add to Cart' button
5) Click 'Create Account' after entering all the user details in the information form
6) Click 'Start', click 'run', enter 'cmd', Click 'OK'
7) In the command prompt window, type the command 'ping.dyndns.org'
8) After the command is executed the Dyndns port tool resolves the problem of the port
9) Restart the server when all the above settings are applied