N/APosted on - 08/09/2016
How do I access a computer at home from a device at some other nearby location? I have kept my PC turned on and it also has network access. Is it possible in this condition? Give a brief idea on how to setup a remote desktop at home?
How To Setup A Remote Desktop For Connecting To Other PC?
There are two processes in which this can be done. Use whichever you like most.
I. For Windows 10 desktop
• Right-click the Start button, and choose System from the menu.
• Click on Remote Settings, and then turn on the ‘Allow remote connection to this computer’ radio-button.
• Now, select the below checkbox if you want only PCs having Windows 7 and higher OS to connect and not Windows XP and Vista.
• Click on OK.
• Open Network and Sharing Center by doing right-click on the Network icon on Taskbar.
• Change the Network to Public from the HomeGroup link > Change Network location > Yes. Do not join the HomeGroup.
• The Network is set to Private.
• Your PC will accept the Remote connections from now.
II. Another way to setup a remote host
• Click on Start > right-click on Computer > Properties
• Next, click on Remote Settings and choose one of the three options under Remote Desktop.
• Choose Select Users, and then Add under Remote Desktop Users.
• Now, under the Group dialog box, do the following: Specify the locations and enter the device’s name to select.
Then, click OK.