N/APosted on - 08/08/2011
I am trying to create an Ubuntu installation from USB stick. I’ve downloaded an ISO Ubuntu 11.04 32-bit and followed the instructions that are provided by the web site. On the process of creation, when it reached the progress of about 26% to 28% an error message is displayed
An uncaught exception was raised: [Errno 5] Input/output error
Does anyone know about this?
Error on creating bootable flash drive of Ubuntu
Have you tried downloading the image file again? The Installation of Ubuntu ISO file should not be less than 680MB. If the file you downloaded is below this size then it is not complete. Download again the Ubuntu by going to this site.
Steps for making a bootable USB of Ubuntu:
1. Plug-in a flash drive with a minimum free space of 2GB.
2. Go to main menu, “System” select “Administration” and run “Startup Disk Creator”
3. Locate the downloaded ISO file by clicking “Other”
4. Select the ISO file and click “Open”
5. Select the flash drive that you want to use and click the “Make Startup Disk” button and wait until the process is completed.