N/APosted on - 02/17/2014
Hello tech folks,
I have been facing this problem for quite some time, getting tired of this error. I get this weird error message when I work around with Eclipse. For more information, I have Eclipse and jdk installed in Windows 64 bit operating system. How can I solve this error? Please do not say I need to reinstall everything. Help please. Thanks.
Java Virtual Machine Launcher
Error Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
Eclipse intermittently fails to create the Java Virtual Machine
This is a common error that is being faced on Windows that programs can’t connect to Java Virtual Machine and produces such error. To solve this error, you have to add an “Environment Variable”.
1. Go to Start menu >> Control Panel >> System and Security >> System.
2. From the left panel, go to Advanced system settings >> “Advanced” tab.
3. From the bottom side, click “Environment Variables…”.
4. From “System Variables”, click “Add”.
5. Then, type the followings into the fields:
New Variable Name: _JAVA_OPTIONS
New Variable Value: -Xms512M
6. Click “OK”.
Now, your Java programs will run perfectly.