N/APosted on - 08/09/2016
How to restore the computer’s software to the default function? Please provide necessary steps on how do I reset my Dell computer to factory settings? I am running Windows Vista as the Operating system.
Dell Computer To Factory Settings For Windows Vista?
Below are the essential steps to get back your laptop’s default factory settings:
1) Backup all the important data, documents, and files.
2) Remove all the external connected peripherals except the keyboard, mouse and the display monitor.
3) Now, start the process of restoration:
• Turn on the device, and press the F8 key continuously until the Advanced Boot option appears.
• Choose ‘Repair your computer’ from the drop-down list.
• Specify your language and log in as an administrator.
• Click on the ‘Dell Factory Image Restore’, and then Next.
• Select the checkbox, and press the Next button.
• After the process is complete, click Finish to restart the computer.
4) Now, restore your backup files and documents.
5) Download and Install all latest drivers and firmware from the Dell Support Website.