N/APosted on - 01/30/2017
I am currently using Windows XP. I have to upgrade to Windows 7. What are the steps to install Windows 7 on your PC? I have bought a licensed Windows 7 DVD.
XP To Windows 7 Upgrade
Since Windows doesn’t upgrade by itself to Windows 7, this task can get a bit tedious. All you need to do is follow these steps carefully to install Windows 7.
- Take a backup of your settings and files in a USB drive.
- Rename the C:/ drive of your PC to XP
- Insert the Windows 7 DVD. Now Restart your PC.
- A dialogue box appears. Click next. Make sure the language is English.
- Finally, click on the ‘install now’ button.
- If you want to make partition of hard drives on the PC select ‘custom installation’ option.
- Now the Windows will ask you to format your XP drive. Click OK.
- After the formatting is done, Windows 7 installation will begin. This process takes 20 minutes on average.
- Insert the product key on the back of DVD.
- Create the user for Windows 7. Now restore your previous settings.