N/APosted on - 05/10/2012
Can anyone please explain why I get this error?
I have attached a screenshot but just in case, the error message is:
This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.
Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.”
This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create and association in the Default Programs control panel.
Error When Opening a File In Windows Explorer
Hi there, you may refer with this manual solution to fix your registry.
Just follow the following steps on your Registry Editor.
1. Hit the Start Button and hit Run.
2. Key-in REGEDIT and press Enter key.
3. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > exefile > shell > open > command
4. Double Click DEFAULT value at the right hand pane and replace value with %1" %*
5. Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT > .exe
6. Set exefile to default.
7. Exit the Registry Editor
If you have problem accessing your Registry Editor you may also try this solution using GPEDIT.MSC
1. Click on Start then Run
2. Go to the following location
User Configuration > Administrative Templates > System
3. In the Settings Window, find the option for
“Prevent Access to Registry Editing Tools”
and double-click on it to change
4. Select Disabled or Not Configured and choose OK
5. Close the Group Policy Editor and restart your computer
6. Try opening REGEDIT.
Hope it solved your problem.