N/APosted on - 07/02/2019
I bought a new HP office jet printer, but I am facing an issue. Printer says it is connected and the Wi-Fi is on, but the computer says that the printer is offline. I have followed all instructions for set up, carefully but I still face this issue. I do not understand how to solve this. How can I solve this?
Why Is My Hp Officejet Pro 8710 Offline?
Devices such as printers should always be assigned a static IP manually.
To avoid conflict with wireless networks. To set a standard IP, proceed as below:
1. Go to Start>Devices and Printers. Right click on your printer and select Printer Properties>Ports/
2. Select Add Port>Standard TCP/IP Port>New Port.
3. Follow the Add Port Wizard. Under Printer Name or IP Address, input the Static IP address just give the above information. E.g., 192.168.1.15..
4. Select Next>Finish the wizard.
5. Check in the printer that ‘Auto Off/Sleep/Energy Saving Mode’ has been disabled, and the System Mode Time Out has been set to zero (0).
6. Disable IPv6 in the printer.
7. Check whether the plugged directly to the wall outlet and not the UPS.
8. Keep the printer and router at least 5 feet apart.