N/APosted on - 06/01/2017
I am learning the basics of networking and recently while giving an interview I was asked about cisco 12 port fiber switch. I was totally blank there and didn’t have any clue then and when I searched the internet I couldn’t understand. Does anyone take out some time and explain me its importance and usage?
What Is Cisco 12 Port Fiber Switch And Where Is It Used In Networking?
Cisco has introduced Cisco Catalyst 3750-x 12 ports which are Gigabit Ethernet SFP (Small Form-Factor Pluggable) switches. These are the stackable switches which are used in aggregation situations in small, medium and office environments.
Basically, these switches provide High availability, scalability, energy efficiency and ease of operation along with the security. They have creative elements, for example, Cisco Stack Power, four discretionary system modules and Media Access Control Security (MAC sec) features.
Primary benefits of these 12 port switches are:
- 12 Gigabit Ethernet SFP models.
- Macintosh sec equipment based encryption.
- Adaptable net-stream and change to switch equipment encryption with uplink benefit module.
- Ipv4 and IPv6 steering, multicast directing and security are included in the equipment. Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) for directed access in IP Base picture
- USB Type-An and Type-B ports for capacity and comfort individually and an out-of-band Ethernet administration port
- Cisco Stack Power innovation: A creative element and industry first to share control among stack individuals
- Cisco Stack Wise Plus innovation for usability and flexibility with 64 Gbps of throughput.