N/APosted on - 04/13/2017
I want to make a security group in Active directory on the Domain Controller. How to create a security group in active directory?
To Understand How To Create A Security Group In Active Directory On Windows
To do so follow these steps:
- Go to ‘Start,’ in ‘Programs’ click on Administrative Tools. In that, select ‘Active Directory Users and Computers.’
- When the new Window opens, expand ‘<domain name>.com.
- Now right-click the folder to which you have to add a new group.
- Next, click ‘New’ and then click on ‘Group’ and type the name of the new group.
- Open the new object group dialog box and make the following changes:
- Make the scope as ‘Global Scope’ for Group.
- In Group type, select ‘Security’.
- Finally, select ‘Finish.’
Another possible solution to this is:
- In the Administrative Tools, open Server Manager.
- Select Roles -> Active Directory Domain Services -> Active Directory Users and Computers -> contoso.com.
- Right-click on Users, select New -> Group.
- When the new Object Group dialog box opens, enter the group name and press ‘OK.’