N/APosted on - 08/11/2019
I purchased a new Hp printer and just installed its drivers on the computer. But I found the printers name a bit difficult to detect. It somewhat matches to some other important files so, it is the possibility to get confused at the time of hurry. Is it possible to change the name or rename the printer? Mention the steps for how to rename a printer.
Steps For How To Rename A Printer Manually
The name of the drivers of the printer (or simply the name of the printer) sometimes can be very confusing. You can even get confused between it and some other files having a similar name and location. At the time of hurry, it would be difficult for you to correctly identify the printer driver, so it is better to rename it according to your convenience. To do so, follow these steps-
- Type ‘Devices and Printers’ in the search bar.
- Press ‘Enter’ key in your keyboard.
- Identify the printer which you want to rename.
- Right-click on it.
- Click on the ‘Printer properties.’
- Select the ‘General’ option.
- Type the new name for the printer.