N/APosted on - 08/11/2019
Recently, I was facing some difficulties while using my laptop, so I decided to perform the hardware scan and found that the Svchost.exe file which is acting like a virus is present on my PC. I came to know that the antivirus present in my laptop has expired and maybe that’s the reason that this virus got installed. Provide the steps for ‘how to get rid of the svchost virus’?
Steps For How To Get Rid Of Svchost Virus
In reality, Svchost.exe is the file of Microsoft, and it is an important file. You should not remove it. But, some malware can be named as Svchost.exe might be present on your laptop. Before deleting it, you should check if it surly is the malware and not the Microsoft’s file.
- Press Ctrl, Shift, and Windows key together.
- Click on the ‘Processes.’
- Select ‘Show processes from All Users.’
- Click on ‘Image Name.’
- Detect ‘Svchost.exe’ file in the list appearing.
- Right-click on the file.
- Select ‘Properties.’
- Click on the ‘Details.’
- Check that it must be stated that the file is a Copyright by Microsoft Corporation.
- But if it isn’t, it is a malware.
- Now, use a malware detector to delete it from the system.